Allianz Park celebrates its 1st birthday on Sunday when Exeter Chiefs are the visitors to north London and it’s been a year to remember for Saracens at their new home.
This time last year, Exeter Chiefs were also the visitors and it barely seems like yesterday when Charlie Hodgson scuttled his way over to score the first try in a win 31-11 in what has been a successful 12 months on and off the pitch.
Here a few stats from our first year at Allianz Park;
On the pitch
• 645 points have been scored by Saracens at Allianz Park
• Saracens have averaged 35.8 points per game at their home
• Saracens have scored 77 tries in the process, on average 4.3 per game
• Leading try scorer at the Allianz Park is Saracens David Strettle who has scored 15 tries at the ground.
Off the pitch
• 12,258 premium hospitality guests at Saracens matches
• 103 non Saracens events with 5,750 attendees
• 16,735 Saracens pies and 28,752 pints of Saracens ale consumed on Saracens match days
• On average 153 athletes attending weekly athletics training sessions, a 51% increase in year 1
• 14,728 children from local schools participating in one of 46 School Sports Days to be hosted during the year
• 10,778 people participating in a Saracens Sport Foundation programme at the stadium (we can provide more details about specific projects)
• Over 3500 junior and senior players have graced the Allianz Park Pitch competing in over 100 fixtures.
• The stadium has seen over 3500 hours of use for community and elite sport
• Over the last year there has been an increase in athletics participation by 50.66%.
• Over 60 different schools have visited and used the facilities for sport.