Jul 25, 2014
LV=Cup fixtures announced
Saracens have been drawn in Pool 1 of the LV=Cup for the 2014/15 season.
In one of five Premiership head-to-heads during the opening weekend, Saracens will welcome London rivals and 2013 LV= Cup winners Harlequins to Allianz Park, with the game being televised live on Sky Sports on Sunday 2 November
Mark McCall’s men will then travel to Swansea to face the Ospreys in round two, before travelling to the Kassam Stadium to face Premiership new boys London Welsh in round three.
In round four, Saracens will host cup holders Exeter Chiefs at Allianz Park.
Commenting on the fixture announcement, Claire Jeromson, LV= Head of Sponsorship, said: "This will be our sixth year as sponsors of the LV= Cup, and the competition has gone from strength to strength. Last year we saw some great rugby from some exciting new talent, and a memorable Final in Exeter. With the 2015 Rugby World Cup getting ever closer it's a great time for the young players to push through in the competition and make their mark this season.”
Newport Gwent Dragons
2014/15 LV= Cup fixtures
Round 1 – 31 October/01/02 November
- Saracens v Harlequins - Sunday November 2, KO 13:00. Live on Sky Sports
Round 2 – 07/08/09 November
- Ospreys v Saracens
Round 3 – 30/31 January/01 February
- London Welsh v Saracens
Round 4 – 07 February
- Saracens v Exeter Chiefs 15h00
Semi Finals – 13/14/15 March
LV= Cup Final - 22 March (venue to be confirmed).
• English clubs have been allocated to the 4 Pools based on their finishing positions from the preceding season's Premiership competition.
• The Welsh Regions have been allocated based on their standing in the Guinness Pro 12 and to avoid repeating fixtures resulting from the EPCR draws.
• Teams in Pool 1 play teams in Pool 4; teams in Pool 2 play teams in Pool 3
• The pool winner with the best playing record will be at home against the pool winner with the fourth best playing record in Semi Final 1.
• The Pool Winner with the second best playing record will be at home against the pool winner with the third best playing record in Semi Final 2.