Oct 17, 2014
Match Facts: Saracens vs ASM Clermont Auvergne
It’s just one more sleep until Saracens and ASM Clermont face off at Allianz Park in Round 1 of the European Rugby Champions Cup.
As the excitement continues to build, we take a look at some match facts between the two sides.
Match Facts - Saracens & ASM Clermont Auvergne
• Saracens averaged the most points (31.8) and tries (4.2) per game of any team in last season’s Heineken Cup.
• ASM Clermont Auvergne’s record defeat in this competition was inflicted by Saracens in last season’s semi-final (6-46).
• The average margin of victory in the four games contested by the two clubs is 21 points.
• Saracens’ Alex Goode (614) ranked first for metres gained in last season’s Heineken Cup.
• Billy Vunipola (110) was the only player to make over 100 carries in the Heineken Cup last season.
• Billy Vunipola beat 28 defenders in the Heineken Cup last season – no player beat more.
• ASM Clermont Auvergne have won three of their four Heineken Cup games against Saracens.
• Saracens’ only victory over Clermont in the Heineken Cup came in last season’s semi-final.
• Clermont on average spent more time in possession (19m 41s) per game than any other team in last season’s tournament.