Mar 11, 2015
10 things to know about Michael Rhodes
A few things you should know about new signing Michael Rhodes:
1. Rhodes was born in Durban, South Africa.
2. His Middle name is Kenworthy.
3. Attended the University of South Africa.
4. Rhodes started his career with the Sharks, where he played alongside Alistair Hargreaves and lived next door to the Saracens captain.
5. Michael played against the British and Irish Lions for the Sharks in 2009, when they toured South Africa.
6. The loose forward has scored 21 tries in his career to date.
7. Rhodes is no stranger to Allianz Park, having played against Saracens for Western Province in 2014.
8. He completed the second most tackles (181) in the 2014 Currie Cup behind teammate and fellow back rower Nizaam Carr.
9. After a stellar year, Rhodes was voted most promising forward at the annual Western Province Awards in 2014.
10. Scored a try for the Barbarians when they defeated Leicester 59-26 at Welford Road in November 2014.