Get Onside is the Saracens Sport Foundation’s prison programme which uses the values of rugby to develop the education and employability skills of offenders through an intensive 8-week course in prison. The ultimate aim of the project is to reduce the reoffending rates of ex-offenders upon their release from prison. The Get Onside project officer will be tasked with designing, developing and co-ordinating the delivery of the project, whilst also managing the budget and administrative side of the programme. The course currently runs in Feltham YOI with the potential expansion into further adult prisons in North and West London.
- To lead on the delivery of the Get Onside programme, as well as develop ideas to improve projects, engage beneficiaries, and provide the greatest impact on people and communities across the charity.
- Lead in the design, delivery and coordination of Get Onside, including owning and managing the budget and administrative duties of the project.
- Ensures that all work produced meets objectives set, is done by the agreed time to the highest standard, and achieves the best possible outcome for the Foundation.
- Coordinate and manage casual staff to ensure high quality and safe delivery that exceeds expectations.
- To provide detailed monitoring and evaluation reports.
Candidates will have a good understanding of the sport for change and prison landscape, coupled with excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to develop within the organisation.
The role is full time (37.5 hours) with 2 cycles of 8 weeks a year working within Feltham YOI and the rest of the year working predominately out of Allianz Park. There will also be an expectation to deliver across areas of responsibility in Hertfordshire and North London. Candidates will be expected to work weekends and evenings when required.
Applications should be made by submitting a CV and covering letter outlining suitability to the role. Applications should be sent to Sangita Asani, HR Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 30th September 2019
Interviews: w/c 7th October 2019