Once the client/event is handed over by a member of the sales team, this position is primarily responsible for ensuring that all client event specifications are accurately detailed, products and services are up sold, and the event is executed correctly. This position will become the operational side of a “sale” and work as the conduit between the external client, event sales rep, event operations team, kitchen, our preferred suppliers and any appropriate Allianz Park departments.
- To be handed over an event and then work directly with that client in order to up-sell and coordinate all details of said event, working to a balance of our recommendations and the client’s spec.
- Ensure efficient and accurate creation of all client documents such as BEOs, floor plans, and invoices, as per procedures set by the Head of Conference & Events, while communicating all event developments to the event operations team and Head Chef.
- Responsible for accurately sending out Event Work Orders and the weekly Events Calendar to all internal Allianz Park departments.
- Monitor, manage and exceed your personal and departmental monthly sales quotas, through adhering to established sales guidelines, programs and procedures.
- Prepare for and attend the weekly sales meeting, having completed any of your action points from the previous meeting.
- Prepare for and chair the weekly BEO meeting, after having prepared all BEOs, with as much information as possible, in a pack for distribution at the meeting.
- Become proficient in the use of IvVy software, follow it’s procedures as set by the Head of Conference & Events, while always quality controlling any inputted data.
- Maintain accurate client billing documents and ensure collection of balances are completed within one month of invoice and assist with collection of past due
- Work professionally and respectfully with all clients, internal depts and suppliers, who may be involved in the event process.
- Professionally represent your venue in all sales transactions and networking* opportunities, such as related industry meetings, functions and shows.
- Respond empathetically and professionally to any customer complaints, seeking advice from the Sales Director, for any uncertainties, either before, during or post event.
- Adhere to the standard daily office hours, leave policy, lunch procedure, and departmental dress code, as set by the Head of Conference & Events.
- Handle special projects as assigned by the Head of Conference & Events.
- Support the Head of C&E in training, developing and managing a Junior Event Sales Manager and/or Event Sales Assistant..
The Head of Conference & Events will be your trainer and mentor. He/she will hold regular performance reviews with the aim of setting objectives, identifying any areas for improvement and commend you on any achievements.
The role is full time (37.5 hours) and will be based at Allianz Park and there will be an expectation to work match days and events.
Applications should be made by submitting a CV and covering letter outlining suitability to the role.
Closing date: 23rd August 2019 Interviews: WC 26th August 2019