Saracens Mavericks are a leading netball franchise in England and are founder members of the Netball Super League. Saracens Mavericks have a strong history in high performance netball and have enjoyed past success as league Champions. The team’s achievements are underpinned by a thriving pathway programme producing a wealth of players who have gone on to achieve international honours with the England Roses. Saracens Mavericks are also committed to developing netball in our communities across the East region.
The club are looking to appoint a General Manager who will provide leadership and guidance on a day to day basis for the Saracens Mavericks. The post holder will be the leaders in implementing the Club’s strategy as set out by the Saracens Mavericks Board to help achieve further growth and performance of the franchise.
The position of General Manager will report to the Saracens Director of Women’s Sport and will be responsible for ensuring daily operational activities for Saracens Mavericks are carried out efficiently.
The responsibilities for the role include but are not limited to:
- Report to the Director of Women’s Sport on progress against strategic objectives.
- Stakeholder management including England Netball, VNSL Board, Regional & County bodies, Netball Players Association, University of Hertfordshire.
- Primary point of contact for England Netball relating to all franchise matters.
- Ensure compliance with VNSL regulations including VNSL Minimum Operating Standards, and salary cap.
- Responsible for the submission of audit reporting against the VNSL Minimum Operating Standards.
Financial Management & Commercial
- Responsible for the Saracens Mavericks budget.
- Work with Saracens commercial team to plan and implement the Mavericks ticketing strategy to grow and leverage audience.
- Assist Saracens commercial team with partnership/sponsorship activations.
- Oversight of communications and PR strategy.
- Work with Saracens retail team to plan and implement the Mavericks merchandise strategy.
- Support with new player and performance staff recruitment and visas, as and where necessary.
- Ensure suitable contractual arrangements are in place for all players.
- Provide suitable support for the performance staff and ensure deadlines are met within time, scope and budget.
Events & Community
- Plan, organise and deliver the match day experience.
- Ensure volunteer work force is sufficient to deliver the requirements of the match day via recruitment, training and deployment.
- Coordination of events, marketing and match-day promotion to drive increased attendances and digital following.
- Oversee the Saracens Mavericks community programme, building positive relationships with local community hubs, clubs and schools.
- Efficiently and effectively use the Club’s brand, including player appearances and products to build compelling school and club affiliate programmes, designed to adding value and drive interest in Saracens Mavericks across all stakeholders.
- Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organisation.
Key requirements of the role are that candidates have a demonstrable understanding of netball (Desirable) and women’s sport and the landscape in which Saracens Mavericks operate. You will be a leader who is able to work on own initiative and manage own workload. You will have proven expertise of working with and managing budgets, with excellent communication skills to be able to build meaningful relationships both internally and externally with all stakeholders
This is a full-time role, which is 36 hours per week. The role will be based at StoneX Stadium. This is anticipated to be home based until we are able to access the stadium again. The nature of this role will require the successful candidate to work evenings and weekends as and when required.
To apply for this role or to ask questions, please email your cv and a short covering letter (1 page) email@example.com for the attention of Sangita Asani, HR manager by the closing date of the position (Tuesday 2nd March, 5pm).
This is a direct recruitment campaign so no agencies please.
Due to the volume of applications, only successful candidates will be contacted. Please note that if you have not been contacted by the 8th March 2021 please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion.