Community Rugby Coach
Due to the ongoing success of the Saracens Foundation, we are seeking additional casual coaches to add to our delivery capacity and continue a high level of coaching on programmes across North London, Hertfordshire and Essex. This is a casual position which will have varied hours as required by the projects.
The Saracens Foundation is a registered charity which exists to enhance the lives of children and young people through the power of sport. It achieves this through the delivery of high quality and innovative programmes that promote the benefits of sport, physical activity and a healthy lifestyle. Saracens Foundation delivers its work in partnership with key local statutory agencies including schools, colleges and FE establishments, county sports partnerships, local councils, youth offending teams and the local community.
You will be expected to coach a variety of inclusive tag, touch and contact rugby activities and deliver cross curricular sessions in a secondary and primary school setting. In addition to coaching, a key aspect of the role involves various admin tasks when necessary. Working across secondary schools, a proven ability to build relationships in these environments is essential.
- To deliver inclusive rugby sessions that includes delivering tag, touch or contact to boys and girls in schools, either curriculum or after-school.
- Plan, organise, deliver and review all sessions.
- Complete all aspects of monitoring and evaluation of all delivered sessions.
- Use the Saracens Way to engage and increase participation in under-represented groups.
- To have regular meeting/catchups with project officer.
- UKCC Level 2 Coaching Qualification in Rugby Union.
- Experience of working with a range of children aged 6-18.
- Current Driving Licence and have access to a suitable vehicle.
- Hold or willing to apply for a current Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Certificate.
- A passion for sport and an understanding of wider issues related to sport, health and education.
- Good organisation and time management skills.
- Excellent communication, motivation and ability to inspire others.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, if necessary.
- Attended 3 or more RFU CPD workshops
- Valid first aid qualification.
- Good understanding of barriers to participation in the local area.
Rate of pay:
£20 per hour dependent on experience.
Applicants should send a current CV and covering letter to email@example.com