The Saracens Foundation are looking to appoint a Development Manager within the Inclusion team. The Foundation work with at-risk and marginalised groups on ‘Sport for Change’ projects – supporting participants to improved life outcomes and opportunities.
The role of Development Manager will be primarily to manage a team of Project Officers who are coordinating and delivering Sport for Change projects in Prisons, Pupil Referral Units and the community across North London and Hertfordshire.
You will be ‘hands-on’, developing, leading and delivering sport for change projects against the operational and Foundation targets set out within the Foundation strategy. You will manage a team to create and deliver industry leading charitable activities, while also being the key account holder for an area of work.
As a line manager, the post holder will have responsibility to provide strategic guidance and leadership to direct reports ensuring they achieve their individual objectives.
You will work closely with the other DMs to ensure that the Foundations projects are being managed in a way that generates cross-project working.
Roles and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Development Managers provide strong leadership as the key decision makers for programme areas. They are empowered to make decisions to improve projects and constantly think about project direction
- Provides strategic guidance and insight to support the Project Officer team, taking a lead on project development in terms of project-strategy, planning and delivery
- Ensures that work produced meets all objectives set, is done by the agreed time to the highest standard and achieves the best possible outcome for the Foundation
- Assists in the development of creative ideas to improve projects, engage beneficiaries, and provide the greatest impact on people and communities
What are we looking for from you?
We are seeking for a creative problem solver who can identify and implement improvements to products. The successful candidate will have extensive proven experience in leveraging funding for projects and programmes; coupled with experience of managing budgets from diverse income source (e.g. grant income, corporate funders and payment on results).
- A strong knowledge of the ‘Sport for Change’ landscape
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues, beneficiaries, and partners
- Knowledge, understanding and empathy for the personal and societal issues faced by marginalised groups
- Ability to coordinate staff/volunteers to ensure high quality delivery
- A resilient decision maker, able to stay calm and collected under pressure.
- Exceptional project management skills
- A great team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Can effectively demonstrate impact with good monitoring & evaluation, formulating strong written reports
- Understands the importance of income and has some experience in leveraging funding
- Can create high quality content for communications
This is a full-time role (37.5) hours a week based at StoneX Stadium in North London. There will be an expectation to deliver and attend sessions across areas of responsibility in Hertfordshire and London. Candidates will be expected to work weekends and weeknights when required.
To apply for this role, please send a cv and a supporting cover letter addressing the question of “Why do you want to join the Saracens Family?” The letter needs to be at least 500 words. Please note that this is a requirement for the application process and without this, we cannot progress your application to the next stage.
Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Sangita Asani, HR Manager.