The opportunity for an ambitious and adept marketeer has arisen to join Saracens, working across an exciting portfolio of our brands as part of an in-house marketing agency team.
Responsible for driving awareness, growth and revenue across the group with a focus on marketing support for Saracens Rugby Club.
LOCATION: StoneX Stadium, North London /& Remote
CONTRACT TYPE: Permanent
Purpose of the Role:
Reporting to the Marketing Director, the role focuses on facilitating and implementing creative and strategic marketing briefs across the business. The primary focus will be on supporting Saracens Rugby club meet commercial targets across key revenue lines of Ticketing, Memberships, Rugby Camps and Retail.
In addition to marketing projects for Saracens the role also has responsibilities to support the clubs other sports and events brands.
MBN Events https://www.mbnpromotions.co.uk/,
MBN Events is a successful and established events business offering both premium tailored and bespoke events managed and ran by an expert team with hundreds of successful events executed.
StoneX Stadium Events https://www.stonexstadiumevents.com/
StoneX Stadium Events is the non-matchday event space business at StoneX Stadium – Home of Saracens Rugby Club. The stadium is developing a new West stand with exciting new event spaces coming online in 2021.
UK Investor https://www.ukinvestorshow.com/
UK Investor is the parent growth brand of The UK Investor Show, previously a one-day investment trade show steadily transitioning into a year-round investment hub providing advice, expertise and community for investors of all levels.
Copthall Connect https://www.copthallconnect.com
Copthall Connect is the group’s co-working office business. Creating a unique space for companies and individuals to rent office space at StoneX Stadium.
The role requires someone who is confident in working independently and as part of an internal agency team.
The club is looking for a hands-on marketeer who can plan and manage campaigns, develop simple collateral (writing copy, resizing images, populating social posts etc) and work with agency partners where necessary.
It is critical the successful candidate can build and sustain long term relationships with internal and external stakeholders. The marketing team are targeting becoming a centre of excellence for the business and you will be key in driving this.
The role requires a well-rounded knowledge of the extended marketing mix, working on a diverse range of products and projects in a 360 degree manner, the Marketing Manager will ultimately be accountable for success of campaigns with the ability to utilise an internal in-house marketing agency to work across:
- Content Production
- Social Media
- Print Marketing
- Promotion Campaigns
- CRM Management
- Email Marketing
- Digital Planning
- Website Management
- SEO, Analytics
Ultimately the role will ensure deliverance of year-round marketing strategy with monthly campaigns, performance, reporting and KPI’s.
Relevant degree or CIM qualification is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of three years working as a marketing manager (or equivalent) in an events or sports business.
- Experience of event and influencer marketing is advantageous.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Role will require some weekend and evening work as and when needed to attend events.
Culture plays a massive part within Saracens; the right person and the right fit is as important as the day to day operations.
As a representative of Saracens, the individual in this role – must be smart, positive, personable, and well-presented. The candidate will need the ability to communicate at all levels, whilst also able to gain an excellent understanding of the business.
Characteristics Saracens are looking for include;
- Relentlessly positive
- Adobe Creative suite experience with competence in Illustrator and/or Photoshop
- ECRM management including templated email design and sending.
- Campaign Planning, execution, and reporting
- Data Management and manipulation within technology platforms
- Ability to clarify and brief marketing projects based on requirements from internal brand stakeholders.
Key Performance Indicators:
Performance in the role will be assessed by the Marketing Director against outlined and agreed core aims and objectives as well as KPI’s including:
- Hitting key growth and revenue metrics
- Delivering marketing campaigns on time and within budget
- Successful adoption of marketing process by internal stakeholders
- Successful working relationships with in-house marketing agency team
- Salary 32-40k Dependent on Experience
- Company Pensions Scheme
- Partner Discounts
- Working Hours: 37.5 Hours
- Holiday: 25 days and bank holidays
- Opportunity to receive ballot tickets for Saracens Home Games