Project Officer – Inclusive Rugby
Saracens Sport Foundation are looking to grow the current team of Project Officers. We have an opportunity for a Project Officer to join the Foundation to lead and deliver ‘Inclusive Rugby’ projects including our community rugby club based – Project Rugby.
In this role the candidate will lead and deliver projects aimed at expanding the opportunities to engage with and become part of the rugby community. The role will also require the candidate to maintain and develop pathways for people to progress in the sport, transition participants into local community clubs and educate and empower the rugby community to provide more inclusive rugby environments. As well as coaching and delivering on their core projects, Project Officers are expected to take overall ownership of their projects in order to make them as impactful as possible, both on the field and off it. Project Officers will be responsible for the overall administration of projects, nurturing relationships with key stakeholders, advocating for the charity, and ensuring the Foundations high standards are always met. We would welcome applications from different areas of sport and rugby coaching qualifications are not essential to the role.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Have overall ownership and responsibility as a Project Officer for ‘Project Rugby with a specific focus on women , girls and mixed ability rugby.
- Deliver engaging and safe sessions to a diverse range of beneficiaries ensuring the greatest impact on people and communities.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders and ensure a high standard of communication.
- Lead in the design, delivery, and coordination of projects, including budgeting and administration
- Ensure that work produced meets all objectives set, is done by the agreed time to the highest standard and achieves the best possible outcome for the Foundation and its participants.
The role is full time (37.5 hours) and will be based out of StoneX Stadium or at home if COVID restrictions are still in place. There will also be an expectation to deliver across areas of responsibility in Hertfordshire and North London. Candidates will be expected to work weekends and weeknights when required.
To apply for this role, please submit a cover letter addressing the following 2 questions:
- Why is it important for community clubs to create inclusive environments?
- What experience or knowledge do you have within the community sports landscape?
Please note that due to the high volume of applications, we will only be able to respond back to successful candidates. If you have not heard back by the date of the interviews, please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.