Project Officer – Rugby Development
An entry level role as a Project Officer (Rugby Development) is being sourced to work on the design, delivery and coordination of a sport for social change programme across North London and Hertfordshire. The successful candidate will co-ordinate the delivery of the ‘Go Forward’ programme. This role will be ‘hands on’ in terms of developing, leading and delivering on the operations targets set out within the Foundation strategy. The candidate will be able to converse and liaise with all member of the public alongside various key stakeholders to drive the project and make it a success.
The programme sets out to achieve engagement with a varying range of communities, demographics and areas, yet have distinctly different aims and objectives, such as education, mentorship, leadership and ‘more than sport’ delivery methods. All of the Foundation programmes have the same overall outcome, which is to create socially responsible members of the local community through the power of sport.
Duties to include (but not limited to):
- To lead on the delivery of the assigned programmes as well as develop ideas to improve projects, engage beneficiaries, and provide the greatest impact on people and communities.
- Lead in the design, delivery and coordination of projects, including budgeting and administration.
- Ensures that work produced meets all objectives set, is done by the agreed time to the highest standard and achieves the best possible outcome for the Foundation
- Coordinate and manage casual staff to ensure high quality and safe delivery that exceeds expectations
- To provide detailed monitoring and evaluation reports to improve understanding and delivery of an area of work
Candidates will have a good understanding of the sport for change and education landscape with good knowledge of the desired impacts of these projects. Coupled with excellent interpersonal skills and a desire to develop within the organisation.
Whilst it is not essential for a rugby qualification, we would prefer candidates to have a sports qualification in any sport. We would endeavour to support the successful candidate in gaining the appropriate rugby coaching qualification as part of their role.
The role is full time (37.5 hours) with 3 days based at a partner school in Brent and 2 days working predominately out of StoneX Stadium. There will also be an expectation to deliver across areas of responsibility in Hertfordshire and North London. Candidates will be expected to work weekends and weeknights when required.
Salary: £21,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Applications should be made online by submitting a CV and covering letter addressing the question of ‘Why do you want to work for the Saracens Sport Foundation? (500 words minimum) The cover letter should also incorporate suitability to the role. Please note that this is a requirement for the role and without this, we cannot progress your application further.