Saracens Foundation Project Officer – Esports
Saracens Foundation are looking to employ a full time Project Officer to lead our Esports project utilising our newly built Gaming Hub.
The project is extremely exciting as it is the Foundations first venture into Esports and the Gaming industry. Esports is currently one of the fastest growing industries with viewership figures up 12% over the last 6 months and employment opportunities up 26%. This programme will aim to provide aspiring gamers, content creators and anybody that would like to work within the Esports industry the skills and knowledge to take that step to the next level. The successful candidate will work closely with local communities to provide opportunities for development and progression into the Esports industry.
As well as designing and delivering the Esports project, the successful candidate will be expected to take overall ownership of the project in order to make it as impactful as possible. Project Officers will be responsible for the overall administration of projects, nurturing relationships with key stakeholders, advocating for the charity, and ensuring the Foundation’s high standards are always met.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead in the development of creative ideas to improve projects, engage beneficiaries, and provide the greatest impact on people and communities.
- Project Officers support and lead in the design, delivery and coordination of projects, including budgeting and administration.
- Ensures that work produced meets all objectives set, is done by the agreed time to the highest standard and achieves the best possible outcome for the Foundation.
- Coordinate and manage casual staff to ensure high quality and safe delivery that exceeds expectations.
The role is full time (37.5 hours) and will be based out of StoneX Stadium, various project delivery locations and also some home working. Candidates will be expected to work weekends and weeknights when required.
Salary: £23,000 – £25,000
Candidates should have a valid driver’s license and access to a car as the role will involve travelling to multiple locations for delivery of project.
Applications should be made by submitting a CV and covering letter outlining suitability to the role by incorporating the following questions:
- Why is it important to support young people looking to progress within Esports?
- What experience or knowledge do you have of the Esports industry?
- What personal traits do you have which you believe make you the right person for this role?
Applications should be sent to Sangita Asani, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 7th July 2022 at 5pm. Interviews to take place week commencing 18th July 2022.
Saracens positively welcomes and seeks to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment. We encourage applications from all candidates regardless of age, race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or nationality.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.