Saracens Women Lead Physiotherapist
Saracens Women’s rugby team have been a pioneering and successful team for a number of years now in the field of Women’s rugby. We are seeking to appoint a Lead Physiotherapist to join the medical team, working with the Women’s Premier 15s Squad. The team have experienced huge success in the women’s game and we are therefore seeking to recruit an individual to help continue grow and develop this success within the medical programme.
This will be an integral role within the medical team team whereby the post holder will work closely with both the Saracens Men’s and Saracens Mavericks medical teams. The successful candidate will be confident and enthusiastic to managing and working with senior player caseloads as well as internationals, coupled with working with full time and part time athletes on a daily basis.
The role will allow for learning opportunities on the job to accommodate direct development and to meet the necessary CPD requirements. The position will report into the Women’s Sport General Manager and clinical line management from the Head of Medical Services.
Role Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- To lead, structure and manage the physiotherapy provision on the Saracens Women programme
- Provide evidence based assessment, treatment, rehabilitation and prehabilitation programmes for women’s players
- Organise and manage a player caseload effectively and efficiently
- Provide pitch side medical care for women’s training sessions and fixtures
- Communicate effectively, maintaining high professional standards, with Saracens Players, Performance Team and Line Management, regarding injury status, prognosis and management.
- Lead on musculoskeletal screening/profiling of players.
- Coordination of prehabiliation/rehabilitation programmes in partnership with the strength and conditioning coaches.
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of all aspects of physiotherapy treatment, injury management and rehab content in keeping with HCPC & CSP, and RFU regulations.
- Ensure appropriate ongoing player care via effective communication and feedback processes with other professionals, e.g. international medical teams. Ensuring confidentiality and GDPR regulations are met.
- To act as the club’s ‘Clinical Governance Lead’ responsible for ensuring compliance with the RFU audit process, plus COVID responsibilities working alongside club’s COVID manager.
- Strive for the best standard of care and onward referral with management of own medical budget.
- Ability to work irregular, unsociable and flexible hours including evenings and weekends
Skills & Experience
- Bsc (Hons) degree in Physiotherapy
- HCPC and CSP registered
- Current PHICIS Level 2 qualification or equivalent current pitchside first aid qualification recognised by the Association of Chartered Physiotherapists in Sports and Exercise Medicine (ACPSEM).
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in an elite sport club, elite sports environment or relevant similar experience
- Experience of women’s elite sport is preferred, but not essential.
- Full UK Driving Licence
This is a full-time role (37.5) hours a week based at StoneX Stadium in the suburbs of North West London and at our Training Ground in St Albans and travel to games as necessary.
Salary: £32,000 per annum
To apply for this role, please send a cv and a supporting cover letter outlining how you meet the job requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Sangita Asani, HR Manager.
Closing date for applications is 23rd May 2022 at 12.00 noon.
We anticipate initial first stage interviews to take place remotely on Wednesday 25th May with a further second stage to be held in person at Saracens Training Ground on Tuesday 31st May 2022.