Saracen’s Women’s Communications Executive
Saracens Women’s rugby team is a renowned group of rugby players. Having excelled within the domain of professional women’s sport, we are at a point where we are looking at developing ways in which to grow not only the audience capacity for women’s sport but also inspire young females to enter the sport of rugby and netball. The position of Communications Executive will work within the sphere of the central marketing team to help shape the service offering and structure of the Communications and PR function. The role of Communications Executive will support all our activities within the Saracens Women’s and Saracens Mavericks Netball teams.
We are seeking an individual with the ability to motivate, energise and work collaboratively across the business to deliver internal, resident/external and PR/Corporate communications.
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Planning and creating regular website content, both in written form and working with Saracens marketing team to create video assets.
- Match day previews, reports and post-match reaction for all games.
- Work with Saracens Marketing Team to devise impactful communications plans for events and key dates in the season.
- Reacting to press enquiries.
- Managing the Women’s social media channels.
- Further implementing the platforms currently in place to strengthen the media output of the club and players.
- Working as part of an integrated social media strategy to build the channels’ following and engagement rates.
- Proactively seeking opportunities to raise the profiles of the three areas.
- Demonstrate best working practices in all duties and comply with company manuals.
- Advising players on media responsibilities.
- Working closely with the club’s marketing department and partnership teams to maximise ticket sales and drive commercial outcomes.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in a communication or marketing role. This will be aided with excellent understanding of what makes a good story have also having a proven record of building relationships with the media.
The role is full time (37.5 hours) with a mix of working out of StoneX Stadium and some home based working. Candidates will be expected to work weekends and weeknights when required.
What we offer:
- 25 days annual leave
- Company pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Ability to ballot for match tickets for games played at home
Applications should be made by submitting a CV and covering letter addressing the question of ‘Why do you want to work for the Saracens Rugby Club? (500 words maximum). The cover letter should also incorporate suitability to the role. Applications should be sent to Sangita Asani, HR Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: 27th May 2022 at 5.00pm
We anticipate initial first stage interviews to take place remotely on week commencing 30th May with a further second stage to be held in person at StoneX Stadium on week commencing 6th June 2022.
Please note that if you have not been contacted by the first stage interview dates, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Saracens positively welcomes and seeks to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment. We encourage applications from all candidates regardless of age, race, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or nationality.
Disclaimer: due to the high volume of applications we receive, we reserve the right to close a vacancy earlier than the advertised date. This is to ensure our teams can manage application levels while maintaining a positive candidate experience. Once a vacancy has closed, we are unable to consider further applications, so please submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.