Saracens Work Experience (Two Weeks)
Work experience is a great opportunity to build confidence and allows you to explore how you can apply your skills and aptitudes as a professional. The Saracens Work Experience programme will provide you with a good opportunity to gain experience of the sports and entrainment industry. We are a company with a clear mission – PUTTING PEOPLE FIRST AND ENRICHING LIVES THROUGH SPORT & ENTERAINMENT – and this placement will give you unique insight in to a company that have aspirations way beyond the rugby pitch.
- POSITION: Saracens Work Experience
- LOCATION: StoneX Stadium, Greenlands Lane, Hendon, London, NW4 1RL
- DATES: July / August 2023 (exact dates tbc)
- DURATION: Two weeks from 9am – 4pm, Monday to Friday
- REPORTING TO: Group Head of People
- TERMS: Lunch will be provided, and we can reimburse reasonable travel expenses, however work experience will be unpaid.
- KEY STAKEHOLDERS: All internal departments
This is an ideal opportunity for Year 12/ 13 or university students looking to get a feel for a career working in business and / or the sports industry.
If you are selected for our work experience programme, you will be based in a core team of either:
- Consumer Sales
- Stadium Operations
During the two weeks, you will also be invited to our company briefings, go on a Stadium Tour and meet Heads of Departments to learn from their experiences in business. Each morning, we will run a short business 101 tutorial. Day-to-day you will support your core team with their delivery and administration. Alongside this, we will be asking you to complete a special group project to present back to business leaders at the end of the two weeks.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Saracens is an inclusive, people first organisation. A core part of achieving our mission is that our workforce is diverse and reflective of the community that we serve. There will be no discrimination in our recruitment and selection processes, nor when considering pay and benefits. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply for the position and join us on our mission to enrich lives through sport and entertainment. Saracens is a Disability Confident Employer. (You can read more about diversity and inclusion here).
The ideal candidate turns up with energy, initiative and ideas; they live and breathe our values.
If you are interested in applying for our work experience placement, please submit a CV and a Cover Letter using the form below. In your Cover Letter, please do outline why you would like to join our work experience placement and what you are hoping to achieve in your two weeks with us.
TIPS FOR APPLYING
A few tips that we can share to help you secure your work placement:
- Formatting is EVERYTHING.
- Name your documents clearly (this implies effort)
- Ensure your CV document look impressive and is formatted neatly
- Format your cover letter AND email properly – titles, names, dates, addresses (again, this implies effort)
- PDF your documents
- Attach the correct documents
- Engage with recent company content and reference it in a cover letter – in Saracens case this could involve referencing our 1876 Stand developments, recent results, key partners or social media output etc.
- Pull out your key skills in your CV / cover letter, ensure they are relevant to Saracens and the role / placement you are seeking/ applying for.
- We always look for added value. If you have spare time, upskill with an excel data analysis course on YouTube, build a WordPress site to host your recent essays, write a blog – amongst other things, this shows you are committed to personal development. Reference these extras in your CV.
- Include links to anything you have written before. For example, build a basic WordPress site and put your dissertation and university essays on it. Please do include your LinkedIn account if you have one.
How to apply:
Send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for your application to be considered.