Apr 15, 2015
Kruis commits to Saracens
Saracens lock George Kruis has signed a long-term deal to remain at the club.
The academy product has put pen to paper to a multi-year contract extension with the north London club, in what has been a stand-out season for the 25-year old England international.
Speaking about extending his stay with the Allianz Park side, the 6ft 5in second rower said: “I’m very happy to have signed my new deal. I look at the people around me, the four or five guys who came through the ranks with me and all of us are pretty well established within the team. It’s a big moment for me to sign on again, and keep playing with those group of players and the rest of the squad in the future.
“We’ve have a great off the field ethos at Saracens, the club are very interested in player welfare and on the pitch we’re in a great position in the league and in Europe. It was a no brainer for me to extend my deal. You always want to get these things off your mind as soon as possible it’s been relatively pain free for me. I’m delighted to commit my future to Saracens.”
Director of Rugby Mark McCall added: “We’re delighted that George has committed his future to the club.
“He has been at Saracens for a long time, and is part of core group of players who have progressed from the Academy to establish themselves as key players at the club. He has been in phenomenal form this season for both club and country, and his standing within the group has grown considerably. He’s only going to get better and better as a player, and we’re excited to see him do that here at Saracens.”
George Kruis fact file
- Kruis has made 97 appearances for Saracens
- Educated at St John’s, Leatherhead, he learned the game at Dorking RFC from the age of seven and went on to represent London & SE U18.
- He graduated from Saracens academy alongside current senior players Owen Farrell, Will Fraser, Jamie George and Jackson Wray.
- George made his Saracens debut against Northampton Saints November 2009.
- He made his England Saxons debut against the Irish Wolfhounds in Galway January 2013.
- Made his England debut against New Zealand at Twickenham in November 2014 and has won 7 caps.
- He is Saracens’ RPA representative and has graduated from Hertfordshire University in November 2014 with a First Class Honours Degree in Business and Economics.
- George is also a patron of the ‘Henry - Health Exercise and Nutrition for the Really Young’ charity. A National charity that supports families so that children get the best start in life.