Apr 25, 2016
EPDG Backs Coach Job Opportunity
The Saracens EPDG programme aims to engage with the best players from the schools and clubs in the Saracens Academy area. This is an exciting opportunity for a coach to come in and work in the Academy Team and develop players and coaches in the Saracens Way. We are aiming to create the leading programme for youth rugby development.
We are looking for an energetic person who has a passion for developing and working with players and coaches as they travel along the Saracens Pathway. The ideal candidate has a hunger for youth development and would like to work long term with young athletes. Good planning and communication skills will be essential, you will be the front of house for the Academy Programme and work alongside the Academy Manager and EPDG Forwards Coach to build on the good work of the Saracens Academy.
Ideally the candidate would have a Level 3 coaching award and be excited by the opportunity of shaping the Saracens Pathway. The coach would be working on some evenings and weekends looking to make a lasting impact on the development and identification of other players and coaches. The coach will have a full driving licence and be subject to a DBS check.
You will be joining an exciting Academy team that believes in the Saracens Core Values and wants to make a real impact on young players in the Saracens Area. The ideal candidate does not need to be a finished a coach, we would expect you to learn the Saracens Way and help you develop your own skills as you work within the Academy team.
To develop the players who have entered the Saracens Academy programme in to high performing, well rounded athletes capable of receiving Saracens Senior Academy Contracts.
To increase the standing of the Saracens Academy with all stakeholders and forge new and positive relationships whilst pushing the Saracens Way.
- Manage the U17/18 EPDG Programme and develop players according to the Saracens Way.
- Provide coaching support to both individuals, groups of athletes and teams according to the Saracens Way.
- Ensure a comprehensive watching programme is implemented, England age group squads, feeder schools and clubs and county matches. Weekly watching of matches.
- Establish, structures and feeder systems that identify playing talent within existing club, school and CB development squads, and by direct referral.
- Forge clear and positive relationships with teachers of rugby, coaches and development staff within feeder schools, clubs and CBs.
- Organise a full year plan of seminars to be delivered at EPDG sessions each week. These are to include rugby, S&C, lifestyle and psychological input according to the Saracens Way of PDP.
- Devise Saracens Academy Individual Development Plan for each EAP to incorporate skills, physical, lifestyle and educational interventions.
- Assist with the coaching of AASE team at Oaklands and EPDG programme on a weekly basis.
- To work with the Academy Manager and Senior Academy Coach to identify and plan the transition from school/college to Senior Academy contract.
- To coach on the U17/18 matches.
- Midweek and weekend (Saturday/Sunday) match watching of junior club and school matches. Watching of DPP Tournaments when organised to assist DPP programme with talent identification.
- School and club visits to U17/18 highlighted players. Weekly communication with school masters and directors of rugby.
- Lead on the Partner Schools Programme, ensuring schools work in line with the Saracens Academy Way. Work with identified ‘key’ coaches to build knowledge and understanding of our development systems on a weekly basis. Look to engage schools for facilities for performance centres and DPP Sessions.
- Coach on the U17/18 EPDG programme. Identify the players who show enough potential become EAPs and monitor their development through the player tracking database.
- Ensure all EPDG players get feedback 3 x per year.
- Ensure own personal development is being fulfilled through meeting with the Academy Manager and PDP department.
- Coaching on DPP programme once per month to help develop the DPP coaches according to the Saracens Way.
- 30k – 35k per annum depending on experience.
Please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, marking your email ‘EPDG Backs Coaching Role.’ The closing date for applications will be the 2nd May with interviews the same week.