Feb 08, 2016
Job Opportunity: Assistant Performance Analyst
Saracens are looking to appoint a new Assistant Performance Analyst. The successful candidate should be qualified to degree standard in a sports science or relegated subject. They would preferably have experience working in a professional sporting environment and be familiar with the use of video analysis software including sportscode. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a great group of coaches and support staff with one of the leading rugby teams in Europe.
Title: Assistant Performance Analyst
Reporting to: Head Performance Analyst
Location: Woollam Playing Fields, St Albans and Allianz Park
Start Date: July 2016
Closing Date: Friday 26th February 2016 at 5pm
- Work closely with and support the Head Analyst to provide pre and post-match analysis to coaches and players.
- Assist in the filming of training and matches.
- Live and post-match coding of all first team matches, providing detailed feedback for coaches and players.
- Assisting in the creation and maintenance of relevant statistical methods for the tracking of KPIs.
- Creation of high quality presentations using a variety of methods and materials.
- Assist in the provision of analysis to the A Team and Academy, including filming/coding of fixtures.
- Keep Saracens App up to date with relevant information.
- Perform other duties as required.
- A minimum qualification at degree level (or equivalent) in Sports Science or related area.
- A good understanding of Rugby
- Previous analysis experience within a team environment
- Experience in the use of video analysis software, including Sportscode, and associated packages to produce information
- Experience of video production, and knowledge of video/analysis equipment
- A high standard of organisational skills
- Flexibility to work unsociable hours, including evenings and weekends
- IT literate
Please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the large number of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.