Mar 15, 2016
Job Opportunity: Developing Player Pathway Coach
The Saracens DPP Programme aims to engage with the best players from the schools and clubs in the Saracens Academy area.
This is an exciting opportunity for a coach to come in and work in the Academy Team and develop players and coaches in the Saracens Way. We are aiming to create the leading programme for youth rugby development.
We are looking for an energetic person who has a passion for developing and working with players and coaches as they travel along the Saracens Pathway. Good planning and communication skills will be essential, you will be the front of house for the Academy Programme and work alongside the DPP Manager to build on the good work of the Saracens Academy Developing Player Programme.
Ideally the candidate would have a Level 2 coaching award and be excited by the opportunity of shaping the Saracens Pathway. The coach would be working on some evenings and weekends looking to make a lasting impact on the development and identification of other players and coaches. The coach will have a full driving licence and be subject to a DBS check.
You will be joining an exciting Academy team that believes in the Saracens Core Values and wants to make a real impact on young players in the Saracens Area. The ideal candidate does not need to be a finished a coach, we would expect you to learn the Saracens Way and help you develop your own skills as you work within the Academy team.
To build positive relationships with stakeholders on the junior programme and to ensure the Saracens Academy network grows, whilst identifying and developing the best youth players and coaches to enter the system. To develop the DPP Programme and people to be as good as they can be.
To visit clubs and schools of DPP aged players, building positive relationships with each coach and director of rugby to ensure the best players are nominated and developed for the DPP.
To develop the coaching practice in line with the Saracens Academy Way on the DPP, Elite and school programmes.
Carry out a comprehensive watching programme of school and club rugby of clubs and schools in the Saracens area.
Attend and coach on the DPP Elite Sessions every week and support the lead coach in development and identification of EPDG players.
Develop the coaches who work on the DPP Programme and support their development. Identify those who would add value to the Saracens Pathways.
Assist with the coaching of AASE team at Oaklands.
- Continually review the pathways and look to drive the programmes in line with best practice.
- Midweek and weekend (Saturday/Sunday) match watching of junior club and school matches.
- School and club visits to all junior clubs on other days to coach and develop the people in each programme.
- Build on the DPP Coach Education Programme, ensuring all coaches have IDP’s in line with the Saracens Academy Way. Work with identified ‘key’ coaches to build knowledge and understanding of our development systems.
- Attend all DPP and Elite Sessions on a weekly and monthly basis. Identify the players who show enough potential to attend elite groups and EPDG sessions and ensure DPP databases are kept up to date.
- Grow yourself as a person, we will ensure you have regular meeting with the Academy Manager to make sure your own personal development is being fulfilled.
25k per annum.
Please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com, marking your email ‘DPP Coaching Role.’ The closing date for applications will be the 1st April with interviews the following week.