Nov 15, 2018
Job Vacancy - Physiotherapist/Sports Therapist
Saracens Women’s Rugby Team was formed in 1989 and, since that date has achieved unprecedented success. In April 2018, Saracens made history once again, winning the inaugural Tyrrells Premier 15s Championship. This is a pioneering club which has led the game on and off the field over the past 30 years.
Whilst Saracens Women has built a reputation for high performance rugby, the team’s success has been underpinned by a passionate commitment to player development. High quality coaching, exceptional sport science and medicine support, and access to world-class facilities make Saracens the country’s leading team.
Our success is complemented by the partnership with Saracens’ professional men’s team. This unique relationship means the Saracens philosophy, values and brand are shared across men’s and women’s squads. Saracens Women are based at Allianz Park and work closely with the professional club’s performance, communications and facilities departments.
Saracens Women are seeking to appoint a physiotherapist/sports therapist with the skills, qualifications and experience to contribute to the club’s continued success. Individuals applying for this position will be expected to demonstrate their ability to contribute to our vision, mission and performance goals.
To create a unique, world-leading environment which nurtures and develops everyone in the Saracens Women family.
In the relentless pursuit of excellence we will build a successful, sustainable and inclusive club.
Work Rate – Discipline – Honesty – Humility
How to apply
Candidates are asked to submit a CV that details their experience, along with a covering letter that sets out how they meet the person specification below.
Role Title: Physiotherapist/Sports Therapist
Time Commitment: Clinic cover, 18.00-21.30, Tuesday & Thursday during season/preseason. Match day cover including travel to away fixtures and weekend working
Remuneration: Remuneration will be dependent on experience and qualifications
Location: Primarily at Allianz Park, Barnet, London, with travel required for away fixtures
Duties will include, but not limited to:
- Clinic cover 18.00-21.30 on Tuesday and Thursday evenings
- Pitch side cover during training and match days
- Communicating with the coaching, strength and conditioning, and medical team
- Diary management and updating rugby squad notes system
- Ability to commit to and help meet the RFU TP15s Women’s Minimum Medical Standards
- Ability to independently clinically reason and provide prompt and well formulated rehabilitation plans using evidence based practice
You will have the support of the current Lead Physiotherapist and a Sports Rehabilitation Therapist, alongside physiotherapy Masters students, strength and conditioning coaches, and the Club Doctor who is a member of the RFU PHICIS faculty (RFU pre-hospital trauma course) and will be available for mentoring and CPD
Role specific skills and knowledge
- Registration with relevant governing body e.g. Physiotherapist, CSP member and HCPC registered
- Confident working both alone and as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- A commitment to individual growth and development, with continued self- learning and reflection
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Valid RFU PHICIS Level 2 or 3
- Experience working in sport
- Post Graduate qualification in sports injury management or similar
The deadline for applications is Thursday 21st November 2018. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted shortly after for interview. Please submit a CV with a short supporting letter which sets out how you meet the person specification and your suitability for the role. The CV and letter should be submitted to Gemma Skudder – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note applicants are subject to satisfactory references and DBS clearance.
If you would like to discuss the role, please contact Gemma Skudder on 07446942548.