Jan 21, 2019
Job Vacancy: Saracens Women Team Manager
Saracens Women Team Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen to be Saracens Women’s Team Manager on a part-time basis.
Saracens Women’s Rugby Team was formed in 1989 and, since that date has achieved unprecedented success. In April 2018, Saracens made history by winning the inaugural Tyrrells Premier 15s Championship. This is a pioneering club which has led the game on and off the field over the past 30 years.
Whilst Saracens Women have built a reputation for high performance rugby, the team’s success has been underpinned by a passionate commitment to player development. High quality coaching, exceptional sport science and medicine support, and access to world-class facilities make Saracens the country’s leading team.
Our success is complemented by the partnership with Saracens’ professional men’s team. This unique relationship means the Saracens philosophy, values and brand are shared across men’s and women’s squads. Saracens Women are based at Allianz Park and work closely with the professional club’s performance, communications and facilities departments.
Saracens Women are offering a unique opportunity to work within our high performance environment. Individuals applying for this position will be expected to demonstrate their ability to contribute to our vision, mission and performance goals.
To create a unique, world-leading environment which nurtures and develops everyone in the Saracens Women family.
In the relentless pursuit of excellence we will build a successful, sustainable and inclusive club.
Work Rate – Discipline – Honesty – Humility
Role Title: Team Manager
Remuneration: Reasonable expenses will be reimbursed
Location: Primarily at Allianz Park, Barnet, London, with travel required for away fixtures
Administration for all Saracens Women’s Premier 15s and Development XV matches, plus pre-season fixtures.
Match day support at all Premier 15s and Development XV matches.
Logistics and Operations
- Manage and coordinate the operational and logistical arrangements for all club travel and accommodation
- Pre match day to liaise with the opposition team and officials to confirm match day timings and other relevant information
- Checking the match day squad to ensure compliance with RFU registration
- Player loans/transfers
- Lead on the preparation of changing rooms on match days and set up all match day kit and equipment as directed by DoR
- Welcome and liaise with match officials on arrival
- Welcome visiting team’s players and staff
- Lead on the notification of substitutions to the fourth official during Premier 15s games
- Responsibility for all playing kit and rugby equipment on match days
- Complete electronic match card on the RFU Game Management System post match
- Order and distribute all playing and leisure kit for the playing squad and coaching and support staff
- Attendance at RFU CPD sessions when required
- Assist with any additional tasks appropriate to the role and in support of the squad
Role-specific skills and knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills and relationship management
- Strong organisational skills
- Team management experience, preferably within rugby union
- Experience of working with high performance athletes
- Effective communicator
- Able to deliver to deadlines
- Good level of computer literacy
- Commitment to all fixtures and willingness to travel
The deadline for applications is Friday 25th January 2019. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted shortly after for interview. Please submit a CV with a short supporting letter which sets out how you meet the person specification and your suitability for the role. The CV and letter should be submitted to email@example.com.
Please note applicants are subject to satisfactory references and DBS clearance.