Mar 06, 2017
Kick start your media career with Saracens!
Saracens are delighted to offer an exciting opportunity within the Media & Communications Team.
We have spaces for individuals/students looking to gain work experience in all avenues of media and communications. If you are interested, you need to have energy, fresh ideas, innovative viewpoints, a willingness to learn from the team, and a commitment to storytelling. We are a ground-breaking organisation that continues to lead the way both on and off the field in European rugby. This is an excellent opportunity for you learn how media and communications operate.
Based from our north London offices at Allianz Park we are offering a three-month opportunity where you will learn all disciplines of digital media, video and journalism.
This opportunity would suit an individual or student looking to gain extra experience as part of their academic course, or a suitably qualified individual looking to break into the sports Media industry.
You must be a British/EU citizen or have the right to work in the UK long term prior to applying. Good English and grammar skills are a must.
Knowledge of Saracens and our vision, as well as the wider rugby union landscape, is desirable but not essential. Working hours are flexible and can be arranged around any existing study and/or work commitments. The successful applicant will be asked to accompany the team working on projects that may require some unsocial hours including weekends.
If you are interested in this voluntary role, please apply by sending in your CV and covering letter. In your covering letter, please illustrate why you want to be considered, what makes you unique and what value you can add.
Please email SahraKirk@saracens.net with a covering letter and CV. You may be asked to provide supporting evidence of the quality of your work.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, as and when they are received. Volunteers will be contacted to arrange a date for the interview. A written test will be included in the interview process.
It is expected you will have an insight into:
- Saracens’ social media: To shadow the Communications Manager to develop Saracens’ social media presence, including growing followings by planning and executing targeted editorial content, campaigns and exploring new platforms.
- Saracens’ website: To work with the team and have input into producing content for the Saracens website, match day programme and marketing material, including learning how to re-write and enhance existing content, and producing original pieces as required. For example, match previews, programme features…
- Media Management: To shadow the match day media management at Allianz Park and to see how they work at some selected away games
- Press Office: Supporting the ongoing day-to-day press office operations at Saracens
- Administration: Seeing how we work, perhaps administrative support to the media and marketing team
- Other projects and activities: How we integrate with Saracens
- Videography: To shadow / work with the Head Videographer to develop Saracens’ video presence, library and digital portfolio with a particular focus on Facebook Live, Instagram Live and Periscope.
- Match Day filming: How we do it and how you can gain an insight.