The Showdown 2 – FAQs
Please see a list of FAQs below. For any further queries please email: email@example.com
Find out more about…
I ‘Joined the Queue’ for early access to tickets, how do I receive this?
If you have “Joined the Queue” and have registered your interest for the game, you will be contacted in the middle of December with the opportunity to buy tickets.
I booked tickets to The Showdown in 2020, what are my rights in 2022?
As a previous booker for The Showdown Part 2 you will be able to book in a priority window which opens in December.
• PLEASE REMEMBER if you did not donate or ask for a refund and instead took advantage of the Saracens Rewards credit (+20%) you will be able to use this at any time providing you have registered for a Saracens Rewards account.
• If you booked hospitality for the 2020 Showdown and would like to rebook please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
• If you booked as part of a group, your group leader will be contacted in the weeks ahead to confirm your allocation and provide a link to purchase tickets.
As a Seasonal Member, what are my ticket rights?
As a seasonal member this highly anticipated fixture is included as part of your membership, but you will need to book your seats. The seasonal member’s priority window will open December and will close in the middle of December.
N.B. Hospitality Members do NOT need to book places as they will be contacted by their account manager.
Seasonal members may…
• Book the same number of tickets you currently hold at StoneX Stadium in the equivalent seat or hospitality category at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. Bookings will need be made by the lead client on your seasonal membership booking.
• Upgrade to a different seat category or a hospitality package by requesting a call back from a member of our team.
• Benefit from a 50% discount on two additional general admission tickets for friends or family in the same seat category as your membership (50% offer includes all 1876 Members but excludes hospitality categories).
• Benefit from a priority booking window, enabling you to book an unlimited number of additional tickets at the best price before general sale begins. This priority window will open in December and will close in the middle of December.
PLEASE ENSURE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS AND OPT IN PREFERENCES ARE CORRECT IN YOUR ACCOUNT SO THAT YOU MAY RECEIVE YOUR EMAIL INVITE TO PURCHASE.
Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
Can I bring bags into Tottenham Hotspur Stadium?
- Size restrictions apply to bags brought into the stadium.
- Tottenham Hotspur Stadium operates a restricted bag policy and supporters are discouraged from bringing bags to the stadium.
- Large bags greater than A4 in size (21cm long x 30cm high) are not permitted within the ground.
- Only bags of A4 size or smaller (21cm long x 30cm high) will be permitted and all bags will be searched before admission.
Please click HERE for more information.
What items are prohibited from Tottenham Hotspur Stadium?
The following list is a guide only. Security reserve the right to prohibit additional items at their discretion.
- Alcohol (unless purchased at Tottenham)
- Animals (except service animals)
- Banner, signs (any object that obstructs the view of others)
- Beach balls or inflatable devices (balloons)
- Beverages (unless purchased at Tottenham) Beverage containers, cans, thermoses, glass receptacles and cups
- Empty, transparent, reusable plastic water bottles up to and including 1 litre are permitted, whether purchased onsite or not
- Drones/unmanned aircraft systems (UAS)
- Footballs; inflated balls of any type
- Deflated footballs purchased on game day will be permitted
- Fireworks, explosives, ammunition, flares, or pyrotechnics of any kind
- Frisbees and other similar items
- Illegal substances, drugs and drug paraphernalia
- Laptop computers and laptop sleeves larger than 37cm x 31cm in size and any laptop bags
- Laser lights and pointers
- Mace/pepper spray/chemical irritants
- Motorbike helmets
- Motorized scooters, skateboards, hoverboards, or other self-propelled items (unless medically necessary and tagged at a gate designated for this purpose)
- Noisemakers, horns and whistles
- Poles, sticks, selfie sticks, missile-like objective of any kind
- Strollers, prams, or pushchairs (unless medically necessary and tagged at a gate designated for this purpose)
- Umbrellas – fixed-shaft umbrellas of any size are prohibited
- Collapsible umbrellas measuring less than 24” (61cm) are permitted but may not be opened within the stadium
- Professional cameras (including cameras with interchangeable lenses) and recording devices
- Unauthorised fliers, illegal merchandise items, illegal charity collection utensils
- Spray paint, large industrial style ‘permanent’ marker pens
Can I bring my own food & drink into Tottenham Hotspur Stadium?
No food and drink may be brought into the stadium due to issues of provenance, safety and rubbish generated. Discretion will be shown by stewards, however, in relation to snacks, in particular children’s snacks.
What Food & Drink will be available at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium?
There are a wide range of food and drink choices available at the stadium. Click HERE for more information.
Look out for the feature bars around the stadium including:
- The Dispensary (West Stand Level 5)
- The Goal Line Bar (Market Place South Stand)
- The White Hart (East Stand Level 5)
- Beavertown microbrewery and taproom (South Stand Level 1)
- The Shelf (East Stand Level 1)
What payment methods are available at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium?
Tottenham Hotspur Stadium is a fully cashless venue and no cash is accepted for any purchase made within the stadium, including at the Tottenham Experience.
What are the COVID-19 policies at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium?
Saracens continues to treat supporter safety and its Duty of Care to anyone attending Tottenham Hotspur Stadium with the utmost importance.
Following the Government’s announcement to stand down Plan B protocols in relation to Covid, there is no stipulation to complete a health declaration or lateral flow test to secure stadium access.
COVID-19 infection still remains a risk – Saracens cannot completely eliminate the risk of COVID-19. Therefore, if you feel uncomfortable with the risk you should not attend a match.
We would ask you NOT to attend Tottenham Hotspur Stadium if you have returned a positive COVID-19 test within 5 days of the fixture, or if you have any COVID symptoms – including a high temperature, new continuous cough, or a loss of sense of taste/smell.
Whilst there is no legal obligation to do so, in order to assist with the safety and wellbeing of all stadium visitors, spectators should consider using a face covering in indoor areas and congested areas around other people.
Please CLICK HERE to view our Covid-19 Spectator Code of Conduct.
For more information please click HERE.
What Access is available at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium?
If you have any queries regarding accessibility at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, please email email@example.com.
We advise you to travel by public transport as there is no parking (including accessible parking) available at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.
We welcome assistance dogs and have dedicated spending areas to the North and South of the stadium.
There are 66 accessible toilets in the stadium, found throughout the concourses, hospitality lounges and in the Saracens flagship shop.
Ambulant accessible toilets are available in each of the public toilets throughout the stadium, which also has three Changing Places facilities.
Deaf and hard of hearing
All seats within the stadium are covered by radio-based assistive hearing system. The system is designed for supporters who have Telecoil hearing aids, with the ‘T’ setting.
Guests wishing to use this service can sign out a headset from one of our Accessible Entrances (1,5,13 or 17). This must be returned to the accessible entrance or a steward on departure.
Hearing loop systems are also fitted at selected catering kiosks and within certain check outs at the flagship shop, Tottenham Experience.
Blind and partially sighted
Audio descriptive commentary is available to supporters via the use of a receiver and headset. Guests wishing to use this service can sign out a headset from one of our Accessible Entrances (1,5,13 or 17). This must be returned to the accessible entrance or a steward on departure.
Should you need respite, we have a Sensory Suite situated in the North Stand, block 416, and offers a comfortable and calming environment for supporters on the autistic spectrum or with sensory impairment conditions to watch a match. We have recruited Sensory Suite supervisors with experience in both disability and autism awareness to facilitate guests on the day and provide assistance where needed.
At the current time, the Sensory Suite can accommodate a maximum of three customers, including one personal assistant.
Will wifi be available at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium?
Wifi is available throughout the stadium. Simply select the Wi-Fi network named ‘Stadium_Guest’ in your phone’s settings that will then bring up a registration page – once you have accepted the terms and conditions for using the Wi-Fi, you are then automatically connected.
There are no age restrictions, however, all children aged 2 and over require a seat. Infants under 2 do not require a seat but will require a free “babes in arm” voucher. Please make your booking first before sending your file number to firstname.lastname@example.org to request the voucher.
If you become separated from your child, please notify the nearest steward immediately, providing as much detail as possible (name, age, appearance, place last seen).
There are several changing facilities within the stadium, situated either inside one of our accessible toilets or one of our medical rooms. Please speak to a steward once inside, for your nearest one.
There are no facilities within the stadium for storing push chairs.
Match day – The Showdown 2
What time will I be able to enter Tottenham Hotspur Stadium?
The stadium + ticket office will open at 12H30 on match day. Fans will find the ticket office located at the North-West Corner of the Stadium.
Make sure you leave enough time to go through stadium security on your arrival at the ground. All supporters must enter the stadium through the turnstile specified on your match ticket.
Fans are encouraged to take their seats in the stadium bowl 30 minutes before kick off.
Please note there is no re-admittance to the stadium once your ticket has been scanned.
In what format should I bring my tickets?
If you selected Print at home when purchasing your match tickets you’ll need to log in to your online account and download and print your tickets before game day.
If you have opted to have your tickets posted you will receive your tickets no later than ten days before the event.
Following the latest update 23rd December 2021 from the DCMS on guidance measures for elite sport, we want to assure everyone who has purchased a match ticket for The Showdown 2 of the following:
- If the event is cancelled or played behind closed doors without spectator’s present, we will automatically cancel your ticket and refund the amount you have paid (up to a maximum of the face value of the ticket) within 45 days after the event date.
- If government guidelines on self-isolation at the time of the event prevent you from attending, we will cancel your ticket and refund the amount paid (up to a maximum of the face value of the ticket) within 45 days after the event date. We will require evidence of you or your dependant’s positive Covid-19 test result no later than 12 noon on the day of the event. Acceptable evidence of a positive test is a copy of the email or a screenshot of the text message received from the NHS when a result is reported through the government website at https://www.gov.uk/report-covid19-result. The name, date of birth and date of the test must be clearly visible and should be emailed to email@example.com.
- Please note that this guarantee extends to the match ticket holder and their dependants only. It does not extend to friends or guests who do not need to isolate, as they may still attend the game. If they choose not to attend, they can pass the tickets to friends or family.