Jan 10, 2014
Toulouse v Saracens - Match Notes
The reverberations of Sunday’s clash between Toulouse and Saracens at Stade Ernest Wallon will be felt throughout European rugby.
With both clubs deadlocked on 15 points, the winner will be set fair for the knockout stage. Connacht, who host Zebre, are still in the shake-up.
Sunday, 12 January 2014, Kick-off: 16:00; Stade Ernest Wallon, Referee: Alain Rolland (Ire), Assistant Ref: Stuart Gaffikin (Ire), Assistant Ref: Olly Hodges (Ire), TMO: Jude Quinn (Ire), Citing Commissioner: Jeff Mark (Wal)
* Saracens have won two of their three meetings with Toulouse in the Heineken Cup. However, Toulouse triumphed 17-16 at Wembley Stadium in Round 2.
* Saracens are the tournament's top scorers so far with 17 tries and an average of 35.5 points per game.
* Toulouse have the poorest goalkicking success rate in the tournament (56%).
* Toulouse average 29 defenders beaten per game this season, more than any other club and well above the tournament average of 15.9.
* Louis Picamoles leads the defenders-beaten chart after four rounds having evaded 22 attempted tackles to date.
* Saracens lead the way in turnovers in the competition with an average of 12.8 per game after four rounds.
* Maxime Médard and Chris Ashton are joint top of the try-scoring charts with four apiece before Round 5 (Naipolioni Nalaga of Clermont also has four tries).
* Saracens have won two of their last three away fixtures cross-channel (both against Racing Metro 92), but have won just three of eight overall in France.
* Toulouse have won 15 of their last 16 home matches against English opposition.
* Saracens (15,285) and Toulouse (15,184) have accumulated more Amlin Opta Index points than any other club in Europe this season.